Thursday, January 29, 2009

Can I just say....

That I hate pap smears!!! They are so completely uncomfortable and I'm bleeding now from it and even though I know where that blood is coming from it still makes me worry. Yes, I'm crazy I know. I've always cramped bad too when I get a pap and today was no different. Oh well, gotta do what you got to do. This was my second OB today and aside from the uncomfortable exam, everything looked good. We listened to the heartbeat and it was 160 something. He just took a guess apparently. As long as it's there and it's strong, the rate doesn't really matter. I keep saying this but I'm getting less and less worried with each visit. We have another appointment in four weeks and they're going to do an ultrasound then. They normally wouldn't but I think he's appeasing me. I thought we'd be going back every two weeks as the nurse said last visit but we really don't have anything wrong with us so every two weeks is a little much I suppose. The first trimester is almost coming to a close. I never thought I'd make it this far but I have and I'm overwhelmed with happiness. Never give up.

5 comments:

sweetpeanme said...

Hooray! I'm just soooooooooo happy...words can't describe it!!

And I'm not so big into the pap smears either...its weird because when working with an RE you forget about that part...you figure they're already up in your business so much that you don't have to make that appointment. But I went in for an appointment and my RE was like..."Its been a while since your last pap smear...you need to get that done!" *sigh*

Ashley said...

That's awesome!!! I love the part about "never giving up:)"

Tamara said...

So happy for you ! Enjoy :)

xxx

Anonymous said...

Hi Ashley,
I am so glad you found my blog and to find someone going through the same thing. I also have had spotting after pap when pregnant and it is just horrifying, even though the reason is perfectly explainable. I'm wishing you all the best!
Nancy

Jill said...

Ashley-I'm just so happy for you! Sorry to hear about your pap smear-at least your good for a year!