Saturday, December 13, 2008

Beta at 18 dpo

My beta yesterday was at a 1694. A good jump from four days previous of 349. I thought it would have went higher but it more than doubled, so again, no complaints. It's hard for me to think that this pregnancy is the one that's going to make it. I know I shouldn't be negative and that I should have positive thoughts but I had those thoughts the many times before and it never worked so I guess I can't blame myself for being so discouraged. I pray that it does stick and in eight months we get the baby we've always wanted but I am constantly plagued with feelings of defeat and discouragement. This pregnancy is slightly different from the rest so maybe, just maybe it will work. This is our first pregnancy with an RE and the help of fertility meds. I have been taking a low dose aspirin and folic acid every day for over six months now. I am taking in at least 60 or more ounces of fluids every day with this pregnancy. (which is a lot from me because usually I'm hard pressed to get 20 ounces of anything in me). And, I'm taking progesterone supplements since we found out we were preggers. I hope all of these things combined with the power of prayer do the trick.

3 comments:

Emily said...

I am so glad your beta is rising! I can't imagine the anxiety - just take it one day at a time - minute by minute if you have to! I hope that all the changes mean a sticky baby! Hoping and praying this is your miracle!!!!

sweetpeanme said...

Love those numbers! I can't imagine it either...good grief...even when you find out you're pregnant the waiting game is still not over! Still sending prayers and joyful thoughts your way!!

Karen At Home Blog said...

Hi Ashley, thank you for stopping by my blog. I completely understand what you are going through, we suffered a miscarriage two years ago and have been dealing with infertility ever since. We are also pregnant at the moment but things have not been smooth sailing so far. I am on pins and needles everyday and am not able to sleep at night. I pray god gives you what you have been hoping and praying for.

Karen